Image via Flickr
Hoboken, New Jersey is a vibrant city on the banks of the Hudson River. Although small, Hoboken is one of the best hot spots on the East Coast complete with hip restaurants, cool bars and trendy shops. The city is a unique delight that is fun to walk, explore and take a bite out of. If you’re not familiar with Hoboken, don’t worry! Here is a complete travel guide to help you uncover the new and exciting things to do in this lively city.
Hoboken is the perfect location to explore with its youthful atmosphere and exciting energy. Because there are so many things to do and sights to see in this charming city, it’s hard to only pick a few. But here are some of the best things to do while you’re in Hoboken:
- Take a stroll on Washington Street to explore the unique shops and outstanding restaurants, delis, bakeries and bars that line this vivacious street. The 15-block street is also home to four annual festivals and is famous for Carlo’s City Hall Bake Shop, where the hit TLC reality series “Cake Boss” is filmed.
- Walk to Pier 13 to take in the beautiful views of the Hudson River and New York City skyline. Here you can find music, food, friends and beer. Enjoy a delicious meal from one of the many food trucks on site each day, grab a refreshing craft beer or try the house-made sangria, participate in a water activity like kayaking or jet skiing, or simply sit back, relax, and enjoy the sun on the spacious “lawn”. This beer garden is well worth a visit during the day and at night.
- The Hudson River Waterfront Walkway is the best place in Hoboken to walk, run or take a peaceful bike ride. There’s a beautiful lawn area where residents and visitors can sit, enjoy a picnic and take in some rays, while appreciating the breathtaking views. It’s worth a visit!
- One of Hoboken’s many fantastic parks is Pier A Park. This simple yet serene park offers stunning views of downtown Manhattan and offers a beautiful place to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. In the summer, you can enjoy free outdoor movie screenings at the park with the popular “Movies Under the Stars” every Wednesday night.
- Grab a delicious slice at Benny Tudino’s the “home of the largest slice.” Since 1968, Tudino’s has been a Hoboken mainstay that everyone loves. The restaurant specializes in colossal, 32-inch pizza pies and ridiculously huge regular slices that give you a bang for your buck.
- Barsky Gallery is Hoboken’s top destination to admire beautiful, contemporary style artwork from the city’s own local talent to the emerging and established artists from all over the world. A cozy, inspiring space, the gallery is perfect for all types of get-togethers and events. Enjoy delicious food, drinks and good company while taking in the vibrant artwork and exhibitions of this unique environment.
- Visit the live musical capital of Hoboken at Maxell’s Tavern. Maxwell’s is an exceptional Hoboken neighborhood experience with a friendly atmosphere where residents and visitors alike can enjoy great food, drinks and live music every night. This venue has been host to popular alternative bands you may know like R.E.M., the Smashing Pumpkins, the Offspring, and the legendary Nirvana.
- Explore the Main Waiting at Hoboken Terminal. Originally built in 1907, the waiting room features vaulted ceilings and a 2,000 square foot stained glass tiffany skylight, which is considered one of the finest in the country.
- Join us on the Hudson River at the Hoboken Cove Boathouse to kayak for free. The boathouse is open to the public and aims to promote free river access to the community with its free kayaking days down the river. Get in on the fun, and explore Hoboken from the water.
Whatever you decide to do in Hoboken, we guarantee you will have a wonderful time. But after all the excitement of exploring, you’ll need a relaxing place to stay. Conveniently located about 20 minutes away from Hoboken is the stunning Holland Hotel, offering world class service you won’t want to miss. Make a reservation today at the Holland Hotel to experience not only a great location but also a great value. For reservations please call us at (201) 590-2186.